Brigadier General Retd Hans Damen is available as chairperson and speaker for (inter)national conferences, lectures and masterclasses.
How do you organize cooperation between organizations with completely different cultures? Through the Land Maintenance Initiative, Hans started a completely new way of doing business between the Army and the commercial sector based on trust and experiments. Started with five companies, this grew into a whole new ecosystem with defense services and business. But how do you organize this cooperation? And how do you organize interdepartmental cooperation. And how to bring EU and NATO closer together?
The 21st century brings new technology and new generations with new dreams and new questions. This requires also new leadership. How do you tackle this challenge and how to react when problems occur? What can be learned from great military thinkers? And how does Mao Zedong fit in?
Leading a politically enforced reorganization that will make 40% of 3300 employees jobless is a real challenge in the most euphemistic sense of the word. Hans accepted that challenge and brought it to a good ending. But even if the urgency is less visible, a transformation may be necessary in your organization. How do you get your own staff and external parties involved and what is the value of experiments?
Social Media are so 2010. Or are they not? As a social media pioneer at the Dutch Ministry of Defense and an active user, Hans shows why an online social media presence is indispensable for companies and professionals. “If you are not on the internet, you do not exist”.
Hans likes to exchange ideas about (military) logistics, emergency assistance and crisis management at home and abroad. And scuba diving.
As chairman, Hans feels responsible for the smooth running of your event. Hans sees it as his main task to establish interaction between speakers and the audience, thereby quickly switching between the main outlines and the desired depth of the discussion with a healthy dose of humor certainly added to the mix. In the preparation of your event Hans also likes to brainstrom with you about your objectives and the corresponding structure of the event.
Because Hans has extensive experience in organizing (inter)national congresses and meetings and has also worked as a floormanager for the National Tattoo, he also knows what is happening behind the scenes and can seamlessly interact with technicians, location management and event organizers.
Events Hans participated in
- AFCEA Technet Conference, Rotterdam, 2016
- Ambtenaar2.0 dag, 2012-2018*
- Berlin Security Conference 2018
- BLMC congres succes ontrafeld, Oldebroek, 2017*
- CEPA Virtual Conference series “Moving Mountains” 2020*
- Combat Logistics, Krakow, Polen, 2019, 2020*
- Defence Logistic Conference, Brussels, 2014
- Defence Collaboration and Logistics, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2013
- Defence Entrepreneurs Forum, Austin Texas, USA, 2017
- Defence Entrepreneurs Forum Nederland, 2018, 2019
- Defence Logistics Conference, Arlington, USA, 2009
- Defence Logistics, London, UK, 2014
- Defensie in de netwerksamenleving, Utrecht, 2015*
- Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, 2016
- European – American Security Dialogue, Roumania, 2019, Sweden 2020*
- European Union Military Staff Logistics Conference, 2012
- EVO Supply Chain Management Congres 2015, 2017.
- International Defence Logistics, Brussels, Belgium 2016
- Interthethings, Haarlem, 2017
- IoT-talks Tele2, Rotterdam 2018
- Landmacht2.0 dag, Utrecht, 2012*
- Marching Through Europe: Lessons in Military Mobility, Jonge Atlantici, Den Haag, 2019
- Military Logistics Conference, Bristol, UK, 2010
- Military Logistics Conference, Oirschot, Schaarsbergen, Stroe, 2007, 2015, 2017*
- Military Mobility; a new challenge For NATO and EU, Bucharest, Roumania 2019
- MSC Cyber Conference, Tallinn, Estonia 2018
- Nationale Voorraaddag, Putten 2015
- NEDS; NIDV congress, Rotterdam, 2016
- Publieke Pioniers, Venray, 2013
- SAP Public Services and Healthcare forum, St Leon Rot, Germany 2017
- Schrappen of investeren, The Hague, 2010
- Sharing the Power of Knowledge, Amsterdam, 2014
- Social Media in the Defence and Military sector, London, 2015, 2017
- Spade @IBM, The Hague, 2015
- Successful Information Strategies 2020, CIONET, Baarn, 2016
- Supply Chain Masterclass EVO, Nyenrode, 2015
- Survival of the fittest, Arnhem 2016
- The use of social media by armed forces, The Hague, 2016
- Transportsymposium, Delft, 2011
- Verre Reizen met Kinderen Beurs, 2011, 2012, 2013*
- Zakendoen met Defensie, Apeldoorn, 2014
*Also Chairman / Moderator